Extreme Savers

Trying to find the best deals in the Shreveport, Bossier Area!

Welcome to the NEW EXTREME SAVERS FORUM!!!
Make sure you grab a Fuel for School rebate from a paper or last week's Albertsons ad. $10 rebate for buying 10 Kelloggs products!
Kroger will double all coupons up to and including 1.00 on Saturday, August 15th. Look under grocery stores then Kroger for more details!

Airfare to Utah

KatieG
    Loving the coupons

Airfare to Utah

Post  KatieG on Tue May 19, 2009 9:29 am

I'm looking for a great deal to Utsh for my famly this August so if anyone spies one let me know. I've seen Frontier fly out of Dallas to Utah for around $250 per person regularly over the last few months but not right now. I've seen a deal on Allegiant Air as low as $29 each way so with taxes and fees it was just under $100 per person to get to Vegas and we could rent a car from there but also that is not the price right now either. They both charge for bags though so we may be traveling light! Smile

Southwest out of Dallas Lovefield or American Airlines out of Shereveport, Longview, or Dallas are some I check as well.

Admin
    Admin

Re: Airfare to Utah

Post  Admin on Tue May 19, 2009 9:54 am

Keep checking. Usually the airline website have the best deals, but lately I haven't found that to be the case.

We just got tickets from Dallas to Baltimore for $138 roundtrip and I found it through travelocity. It wasn't even one of the options at the beginning. I chose flexible dates and then chose the cheapest option. After choosing my flights, it showed me cheaper options at the bottom of the screen and the one I purchased was one of them.

I think both expedia and travelocity have stopped their extra fees (for now at least), so it doesn't cost more to go through them right now.

After finding a deal on travelocity, I always check the airline's website for a cheaper deal (and haven't been finding any lately).

Also, on travelocity you can put in alerts of popular routes for you and they will send you an email when the price gets to the point you request.

KatieG
    Loving the coupons

Post  KatieG on Thu May 21, 2009 12:21 am

I just read in the All You magazine that Wed. mornings are the best time to check for airfare because that's when they change their prices.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Thu May 28, 2009 11:59 pm

I just booked a ticket for my Aunt to go to SLC from Jackson, MS last night. The lowest price ticket was $138 (before taxes so more like $150). I wound up booking a $188 roundtrip fare ($230 total) because the dates my aunt needed didn't work with the cheapest price. I first looked at travelocity.com and did a search for all of June/July for the cheapest price. After getting info from there, I went to Americanairlines.com and looked up flights and that is where I booked the ticket for her.

Hope that helps!!!

KatieG
    Loving the coupons

1st or 2nd weekend in June 09 SHV to SLC GREAT DEAL

Post  KatieG on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Check out www.travelocity.com and say that your dates are flexible to fly anytime in June from Shreveport (SHV) to (SLC) for a great deal. Before taxes it was $198 but the flying times are soon and short. It's usually over $500 to fly out of Shreveport to Salt Lake. Too bad I need to go the end of July or I'd be buying!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:33 pm